Black Bean and Spinach Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Dressing
4 main ingredients -- sweet potatoes, black beans, spinach, and avocado create this family-friendly and easy plant-based stuffed sweet potato recipe. This potato recipe is an easy stuffed sweet potato plant-based dinner idea.
This is an oil-free, dairy-free, and vegan healthy recipe. It is a plant-based recipe in-line with a whole food, plant-based diet.
Cut prep time in half by roasting potatoes on prep day, and reheating while preparing toppings.
- 3 whole sweet potatoes halved & pierced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or water
- dash kosher salt
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degree F.
- Pierce potato halves with a fork. Place pierced potato halves onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast potato halves for 30 minutes until tender.
Prepare spinach, black beans, and avocado dressing while potatoes are roasting.
- Heat black beans in a saucepan on stovetop over medium-low heat. Add spices (cumin, cayenne, and garlic) and stir occasionally until heated through.
- Sautee spinach using vegetable broth or water in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Stir until wilted, remove from heat and add a dash of kosher salt.
- Combine black beans and spinach.
- Mash the avocado and stir in juice and seasonings.
To assemble mash the potato halves in their skin. Top each potato with the black bean spinach mixture and drizzle with avocado dressing.
This recipe serves my family of 2 adults and 2 children. My children, ages 7 and 4, each eat one half of a potato and I serve the the black bean spinach mixture separately for them with the dressing on the side.